Every other person on this planet wants to lose belly fat! Yes, it is this great an issue. Belly fat not only gives you an ugly look but can be dangerous for your health too. The visceral fat or the fat around your abdomen can lead to diabetes, heart diseases, stroke as well as dementia. When it comes to losing abdominal fat, the right foods are a necessity. They detox your liver and boost your metabolism so that your body can target belly fat. There are numerous fat burning foods and spices that can help you lose your belly fat. Here are some really effective home remedies to lose belly fat with the help of such foods and spices.
How to Lose Belly Fat with Natural Remedies
1. Drink Lemon Water to Lose Belly Fat
You need to detoxify your liver because a stressed liver cannot metabolize fat effectively and which gets deposited around your waistline. Lemon water excellently increases enzymes that detoxify your liver so that it may carry out its basic functions efficiently.
- Lemon- 1
- Water (warm preferred)- 1 glass
- After you get up in the morning, take the lemon and squeeze out its juice into the water.
- While warm water is good to make lemon water for the fat burning purpose, you can also use water at room temperature. This won’t stop lemon doing its job.
- Mix well and drink this lemon water on an empty stomach every day in the morning.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes after you have your regular lemon water every morning.
2. Drink Cranberry Juice to Lose Belly Fat
Cranberries are a rich source of organic acids like malic acid, citric acid, and quinic acid that function as digestive enzymes. These acids act as emulsifying agents on stubborn fat deposits in your lymphatic system which transports all the waste products that your liver cannot process. Cranberry juice digests these lymphatic wastes and helps you reduce fat. So, drink 100 percent cranberry juice (unsweetened) or cran-water.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice- 8 oz. Or 1 cup
- Water- 56 oz. Or 7 cup
- In the morning, mix cranberry juice with water to get your day’s supply of cran-water.
- Have one cup of this cran-water at a time throughout the day.
- You may have a cup each before breakfast and lunch, after dinner, and at other times of the day.
- You may also make this cran-water just before you have it. Just mix 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice to 7 oz. (a little less than a cup) of plain water.
3. Have Fish Oil or Fish to Lose Belly Fat
Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acids in it. Omega 3 acids such as icosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid and linolenic acid help in breaking down fat while reducing fat storage around your waistline. If you can’t take fish oil, have fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Have 6 g of fish oil daily. 6 g roughly equals a generously filled tablespoon which is on the verge of overflowing.
- Alternatively, you may have such fish as salmon or mackerel two times a week. Tuna and halibut are also high on omega-3.
4. Eat Chia Seeds to Lose Belly Fat
If you are a vegan and cannot have fish to get your day’s dose of omega 3 fatty acids, you can eat chia seeds that are equally high on omega-3 and are a best plant-based source of omega 3 acids. However, your body needs to work a little to convert the alpha-linolenic acid in these seeds into DHA or EPA that directly comes from fish oil. Apart from omega 3 acids, chia seeds are a good source of antioxidants, calcium, iron and dietary fiber which helps you feel fuller for longer. The diet book, ‘The Aztec Diet’ suggests having 4-8 tbsp (1-2 oz or 30-60 g) of chia seeds during a day to keep you less hungry and prevent you from overeating. However, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to is a good amount to include in your daily diet
How to eat chia seeds?
- Add chia seeds to your smoothies, salads and yogurt.
- Add them to your breakfast cereal.
- Use chia seeds as a thickening agent for soups and gravies.
5. Have Ginger Tea to Lose Belly Fat
You know that ginger is a natural digestive aid but did you know that ginger is thermogenic? Thermogenic agents increase body temperature thus helping burn fat more effectively. Your belly fat may be due to one of the various reasons like overeating, age-related reduction of a hormone, lack of exercise or stress. Ginger can practically solve each of these issues. Ginger is also said to suppress cortisol production. Cortisol is a steroid hormone essential for energy regulation and mobilization. So, have ginger tea daily to aid your efforts of losing belly fat.
How to make ginger lemon honey tea?
- Water- 4 cups
- Ginger (peeled and sliced)- 1-2 inch piece
- Lemon- 1
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Boil the water.
- Add ginger to the hot water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and add lemon juice and honey to this.
- Mix well and have a cup of this ginger tea in the morning.
- To regulate your metabolism, stimulate your digestion and reduce your cortisol production, have at least 2 cups of ginger tea throughout the day.
6. Use Garlic to Lose Belly Fat
You might be knowing that garlic is good for your cardiovascular system as it reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as triglycerides apart from increasing good cholesterol. You might, however, not be knowing that garlic has excellent anti-obesity properties too! Every minute our body cells die and our body makes new cells to replace them. Adipocytes (also called lipocytes and fat cells) are the cells in our body which primarily compose adipose tissue (body fat). In the adipose tissue, there undergoes a process wherein pre-adipocytes are converted into full-fledged adipose tissue or fat. This process is known as adipogenesis. Studies show that garlic inhibits this process of adipogenisis or the process of making fat. If stated in simple language, garlic stops your pre-fat cells from converting into fat cells. So, you might well like to add garlic to your daily diet. However, raw garlic is more beneficial when you want to lose belly fat!
- Garlic cloves- 3
- Lemon- 1
- Water- 1 cup
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the cup of water.
- Chew 3 garlic cloves and then drink the lemon water
- Repeat every morning on an empty stomach.
- You will start losing belly fat within 2 week’s time.
[Also Read: 13 Fast Action Remedies for Obesity]
7. Herbs Infused Water to Lose Belly Fat
There are many herbs in your kitchen that you don’t even call herbs. You use them daily in your cooking or in salads etc. but you are unaware of there effects on your body fat. Some of such herbs include ginger, mint, and cucumber. These herbs, when combined with the excellent fat burner lemon, can do wonders to get you rid of belly fat. Consisting of water and dietary fiber, cucumber is a great food to lose belly fat. It cleanses your body from deep within and helps you lose weight. Ginger is a great fat burner which allows blood vessels to expand leading to better blood circulation. It also boosts metabolism. A study suggests that people who eat ginger can lose 20% more weight than people who don’t eat it. Due to its rich contents of vitamin C and antioxidants, lemon boosts your energy apart from burning fat. Mint not only calms down your cravings but also soothes tummy after you indulge in foods. Water keeps you hydrated and this flavored water will also detoxify your body. So, here’s the recipe of what you might call a flat belly diet drink.
- Water- 2 liters
- Cucumber (sliced)- 1 medium
- Ginger (grated or pressed)- 1 tsp if grated; 1-2 inch piece if pressed
- Lemon (sliced)- 1
- Mint leaves- 10-12 sprigs
- Soak all the ingredients in water overnight.
- Once they are infused for the whole night, drink this water throughout the day.
8. Dandelion Tea to Lose Belly Fat
If your belly fat is due to water retention, the dandelion herb can come to your rescue. Dandelion is a natural diuretic which increases your urine output. Dandelion will improve your liver’s functioning capacity. It will flush out retained water and toxins out of your body, especially from belly area which you know by the name of abdominal bloating. Combined with some fat reducing spices, dandelion tea not only tastes good but helps reduce belly fat which is due to water retention.
- Dandelion root (roasted)- 1 tbsp OR Dandelion root powder (roasted)- 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger (minced)- half inch piece
- Cardamom seeds- from 1 cardamom
- Cinnamon bark- half inch piece
- Mint leaves- 4-5
- Water- 1 and ½ cup
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp as per taste
- Add all the ingredients except honey to water.
- Bring this water to a boil.
- Boil the water for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey to this if using.
- Mix well and have this delicious dandelion root tea.
- You may have 2-4 cups of this tea during the day.
Precaution: If you have blocked bile ducts or some issues related to the gallbladder, avoid having dandelion tea. Consult your doctor before taking this tea.
9. Have Cinnamon to Lose Belly Fat
Don’t go by the sweet taste of cinnamon, it won’t increase your fat. In fact, cinnamon will help reduce your overall body fat including the belly fat. Cinnamon is thermogenic. It means cinnamon tends to produce heat through metabolic stimulation. Thus cinnamon makes you burn your fat. So, include 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon to your daily diet in order to increase your metabolism. Take ground cinnamon and not the cinnamon bark oil which may lead to ulcers, mouth sores and mouth burning when consumed. Cinnamon is one spice that you can cook with any food.
Ways to have cinnamon to lose belly fat
- Sprinkle a tsp of cinnamon on top of your beverages like tea, coffee or even milk.
- Add cinnamon on top of your toast, muffin etc.
- Add cinnamon powder to your breakfast cereal.
- Sprinkle it on your salad, dips, and sauces.
10. Lean Meat to Burn Fat and Lose Belly Fat
Foods that have thermogenic properties burn your calories as you eat them. Protein is highly thermogenic. Animal proteins are more thermogenic than vegetable proteins. Thus, lean meats are the best calorie burning food. When you eat lean meat, you burn about 30 percent of the calories it contains within it just by digesting the food. So, if you eat a 300 calorie chicken breast, you will use about 90 calories to digest it. It’s wise to include some protein in each of your meal. This can be lean chicken, beef, or pork, especially in dinner so that you burn most of the consumed calories through digestion at a time when your body’s metabolism is slower. Just remember, do not fry your lean meat!
11. Sip Green Tea to Lose Belly Fat
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition states, having 4 cups of green tea daily helped people lose more than six pounds within a period of eight weeks. Green tea contains a type of a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate, or EGCG. It is a natural phenol and antioxidant with many therapeutic applications. When you sip green tea, EGCG in it boosts your metabolism. Have 3-4 cups of green tea daily. Make it fresh every time or store it in the fridge to get an iced green tea each time you need to speed up your metabolism. Here is a fine recipe for fat burning green tea for you.
How to make green tea to lose belly fat?
- Green tea leaves or pearls- 1-2 tsp OR Green tea bag- 1
- Hot water- 1 cup
- Mint/basil leaves- 4-5
- Lemon juice- ½ to 1 tsp
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp as per taste
- Add green tea (or tea bag) and mint or basil leaves to the hot water.
- Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and add lemon juice plus honey if using.
- Mix well and sip your green tea.
- Have three to four cups of green tea daily, preferably after meals.
12. Hot Peppers to Lose Belly Fat
Hot peppers contain capsaicin which has thermogenic effects. It boosts your body’s heat production and thus uses more energy or calorie. A study published in the “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” says that when capsinoids are consumed daily, it reduces abdominal fat and improves fat oxidation. So spice up your foods with hot peppers to lose belly fat. Eat peppers raw, cooked, dried, or in powdered form. Red peppers contain different amounts of capsaicin, making some peppers hotter than others. Habanero pepper has the highest amount of capsaicin but cayenne pepper too can be a good choice. Although not as hot, cayenne pepper do have a significant amount of capsaicin which can increase fat burning and lead to your belly fat loss. Don’t be shy to add as much cayenne or hot sauce as you can to your soups, eggs, gravies and meats.
[Don’t Miss: 20 Superb Herbal Remedies for Abdominal Fat]
13. Coconut Oil to Lose Belly Fat
Don’t be surprised. Although it is a fat, coconut oil can actually help lose your belly fat! I’ll tell you how. This oil extracted from coconut has a unique combination of fatty acids. It has a positive effect on your metabolism too. Coconut oil is high on medium chain triglycerides. The medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently from long chain fatty acids. These fatty acids directly go to the liver from your digestive tract, where they are used in one of the two ways- either as energy or are converted into ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are three water-soluble biochemical compounds that are produced by the liver using fatty acids when you fast or reduce your food intake. These are used by body cells as energy instead of glucose. So when you want to follow low carb diet to lose fat, coconut oil can help you a lot.
Coconut oil is also a thermogenic and burns fat. Many studies have shown that medium-chain fatty acids when compared to the similar amount of calories from other fats, can improve a feeling of fullness. Thus you automatically reduce calorie intake.
A study has shown positive results about coconut oil in reducing abdominal fat. In this study, some women were given 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and some other women were given 2 tablespoons of soybean oil for 28 days. Both the groups lost about 2 pounds but the group taking coconut oil also reduced their waist circumference while those on soybean oil had a mild increase in belly fat. The coconut oil group also increased HDL (good) cholesterol levels. However, mindlessly having coconut oil may, in fact, increase your weight, after all, it is a fat. So, keep the following tips in mind when using coconut oil to lose belly fat.
Tips to use coconut oil to lose belly fat
- Do not add coconut oil to the existing oils that you use daily. You must replace other cooking oil with coconut oil.
- Do not have loads of coconut oil. Just 2 tablespoons a day is sufficient.
- Remember, coconut oil is to aid your efforts in losing fat. Your primary diet should always be whole, nutritious foods.
14. Easy Lifestyle Changes to Lose Belly Fat
Sometimes you exercise adequately and adopt a host of natural remedies to lose belly fat but still, you can’t. If that’s what happens to you, you need to analyze your lifestyle and make some small changes. These changes are very small but may need a while to convert into a habit. If you really want to get rid of your abdominal fat, you better start bringing these lifestyle changes from now itself.
- Sleep adequately- Lack of sleep is one of the prominent causes of belly fat accumulation. When you don’t sleep, you crave for sugar and fatty foods. It also spikes your cortisol hormone which makes you insensitive to insulin. As a result, you lose your body’s bio-rhythm. So, sleep well.
- Reduce or stop alcohol consumption- Alcohol is full of calories but when you consume alcohol you don’t feel full. Binge drinking in particular deposits fat around your waistline. It’s better not to have alcohol but if you can’t do that at least avoid binge drinking and also reduce the quantity and frequency of alcohol intake.
15. Develop Right Food Habits to Lose Belly Fat
Yes, food can get you rid of belly fat if you are eating the right food though. Here’s how you can develop good food habit and lose your belly fat.
- Choose snacks intelligently- What you call light snacks do more harm. Burgers, pizzas, French fries and all that junk food is not good for your body. Eat less of them as also sodas and processed foods. Foods indicating low calorie, low fat or sugar-free too can contribute to belly fat. Artificial sweeteners in these foods may induce your body to store fat. Avoid them and opt for healthy snacks like fruits, nuts etc.
- Reduce sugar in your diet- Sugar is one of the main causes of fat. Instead of sugar, have complex carbohydrates. Your body converts complex carbohydrates into sugar and they are beneficial for you.
- Have more good food- eat more of protein, vegetables, fresh raw fruits, whole grains and nuts. Remember canned fruits and veggies can further increase your belly fat so avoid them.
- Have more of good fat- Omega 3 fats help lose belly fat. So have more of foods having this good fat such as salmon. Low glycemic-index foods such as beans too are beneficial when it comes to losing belly fat.
- Consume more vitamin C- It must come from natural sources like lemon, orange, kiwi fruit etc.
- Don’t skip meals- When you starve your body, it gets into survival mode and starts storing foods in the form of fat. So, have your breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Keep your meals small and snack on healthy foods in between these main meals.
16. Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
Yes, you cannot spare this. You must exercise too. All the natural remedies to lose belly fat and good food and lifestyle habits will go waste if you don’t exercise. This is the eternal truth. The fast you understand this, the early you will lose your belly fat!
- Do whole body workouts- Losing belly fat just by spot exercising stomach won’t do. Exercise your entire muscle groups in whole body workouts.
- Do cardiovascular exercises- Walking, jogging, running, cycling, aerobics etc. increases your body’s capacity to burn more calories.
- Do Strength training- Along with cardiovascular exercising, do strength training too. It will build your muscle tone to help you get rid of overall body fat.
All the best to you in your efforts to lose belly fat!
Frequently Asked Question & Answers:
Q: What is the belly fat?
Ans: In general, there are 3 types of fats in our body viz. triglycerides (the fat that circulates in the blood), subcutaneous fat (a layer directly below the skin’s surface) and visceral fat (the dangerous belly fat).
This visceral fat is located beneath the muscles in the stomach and thereby poses several negative impacts on each and every organ in the body through the production of excess hormones and toxins or chemicals, whenever it exceeds the level. It put you at risk for many health issues like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, dementia, colorectal cancer, etc.
Want to know whether you’re suffering from belly fat or not at home, then simply measuring with a tape. Wrap it around the bare stomach directly above the hip bone. For women, if the measurement is 35 inches or more will indicate an unhealthy amount of belly fat and for men, if the measurement is 40 or more then they suffer from belly fat.
So, whenever you gain too much weight, the body starts to store fat in beneath the stomach muscles, which is termed as belly fat.
Q: What causes fat in the stomach?
Ans: The unhealthy visceral fat refers to the fat surrounding the liver and other organs in the abdomen. Although there are various causes for the deposit of fat in the stomach, here we explained a few which are the main causes resulting in gaining belly fat.
- Sugary foods and beverages (frequent consummation of foods and beverages that are high in sugar or high fructose corn syrup will definitely cause a gain of fat in the belly area).
- Trans Fats (Unhealthy fats, which are used to extend the shelf lives of packaged foods. It causes inflammation that in turn results in insulin resistance and thereby accumulation of belly fat).
- Not active (Sedentary lifestyle or people being less active will likely to have a higher rate of facing obesity. So, inactivity will make you gain belly fat after losing your excess weight. Resistance and aerobic exercises will help to prevent the regain of abdominal fat).
- Menopause (Getting belly fat during menopause is a common issue that happens due to the changes in your hormone levels which in turn results in a shift in fat storage from the hips and thighs to visceral fat in the abdomen).
- Low protein Foods (The intake of adequate dietary protein will help to prevent weight gain by making you feel full and increase the metabolic rate to burn the calories. So, consuming low protein food will increase your hunger and thereby gains belly fat by increasing the hunger hormone neuropeptide Y, NPY).
- Alcohol (Heavy consumption will increase the risk of several diseases, including excess belly fat. Alcohol, when taken in less quantity, will result in reducing belly fat by burning the calories but when taken in excess then causes belly fat).
- Gut Bacteria (There are several types of bacteria live in the gut or colon in which some are beneficial to health and some not (cause health problems). The bacteria in the gut are called as microbiome or gut flora. So, having an imbalance of gut bacteria will result in weight gain and belly fat).
- Low Fiber Diets (Fiber is essential to maintain good health and to control weight. So, a diet high in refined carbs or grains and low in fiber will increase your belly fat).
- Fruit Juice (The unsweetened fruit juice is enriched with a lot of minerals and vitamins but it is considered as a high sugary beverage that promotes insulin resistance and thereby results in the gain of belly fat. So, avoid drinking this fruit juices in huge quantities).
- Stress and Cortisol (Cortisol is a stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands in response to stress. If it produced in excess then it results in gaining weight in the abdominal region. Stress leads to overeating and thus instead of excess calories stored as a body, it results in storage of fat in the belly area).
- Genetics (The tendency to store the fat in and around your abdominal area will be influenced by genetics, as it regulates the intake of calories and thereby gain in weight).
- Sleep (Getting enough sleep is essential for healthy living and studies states that inadequate sleep will result in weight gain and accumulation of belly fat).
- Large Plate Every Time You Eat (Pay attention to the size of plate you prefer to consume food, as studies have shown that people who prefer large plates will likely to gain weight faster than people who choose small or medium one).
- Late Night Consuming (In general, the body burns fat when your sleep but if you go to bed with a full stomach then instead of burning calories, it results in developing indigestion and acid reflux. So, consume a small amount of meals at night and lie down after 2 – 3 hours of having dinner).
- Others include weak metabolism, not drinking enough water, certain diseases, sagging muscles, poor posture, sedentary lifestyle, overeating, etc.
So, these are some different factors that make you gain fat in the belly area. Take healthy choices on what to eat, what not to eat, how much you exercise daily, how you manage stress levels, etc. will help you to lose abdominal fat.
Q: What is the best exercise to get rid of belly fat?
Ans: Belly fat makes you look displeasing and affect your health in a long-term, if not curbed at the right time. If you think that only dieting will help to burn the belly fat then definitely you’re wrong. Both dieting and exercise (at least an hour daily) will go hand in hand to reduce your belly fat.
Here are some best exercises to reduce your belly fat…
- Vertical leg crunch
- Bicycle exercise
- V – ups
- Toe touch crunches
- Lunge twist
- Twist crunches
- Rolling plant exercise
- Reverse crunches
- The stomach vacuum
- Captain’s chair
- Side crunch
- Bending side to side
- Swimming and other aerobic exercises
- Jumping planks
- Wheel exercises
Q: How do I lose belly fat naturally?
Ans: No one wants to have belly fat or visceral fat, as it causes various health issues such as diabetes, heart diseases, cancers, etc. So, here is a combination of diet and exercise along with some natural remedies that help you to lose belly fat quickly. Have a look at these remedies and follow them to get rid of belly fat.
- Dandelion Tea – Acts as a natural diuretic and flush out the excess water and toxins from the body (particularly from belly area).
- Cranberry – Exhibits various health benefits including reducing your belly fat. It contains organic acids, which in turn has an emulsifying effect on the fat deposits in the body. So, drink this juice before each meal.
- Green Tea – Loaded with antioxidants, enzymes and essential nutrients which help to boost your metabolism to burn your fat at a faster rate. So, consume it before each meal to reduce your belly fat.
- Hot Peppers – The intake of spicy food regularly will help to boost the metabolism to burn your fat. It is all because of capsaicin that raises the body’s heat production by using more energy and thereby burns more calories.
- Chia Seeds – Enriched with omega – 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, fiber, calcium, etc. which helps to suppress your hunger and make you feel full for a longer time. So, consume chia seeds regularly.
- Coconut Oil – A fat that cut down your belly fat. Yes, coconut oil has unique fatty acids that help to burn your excess calories by acting as a thermogenic. So, replace coconut oil with your cooking oil and also consume it daily.
- Ginger – A natural digestive aid that helps to get rid of nausea, vomiting and stomach upsets and a natural thermogenic as well. It not only increases the body’s temperature to burn fat but also suppresses the production of cortisol to reduce your stress and thereby results in weight loss.
- Exercise – Exercising your entire body (focus more on belly area) will help you to stay fit and healthy. So, perform some cardio exercises to burn calories and to build muscles by boosting your metabolism rate. We have listed some best exercises in the above question.
- Herbs – The intake of fat burning herbs such as ginger, mint, turmeric, ginseng, etc. will help to fasten your metabolism and thereby burns your belly fat. So, make it as a part of your diet in daily routine.
- Fish Oil – It contains a lot of omega – 3 fatty acids, includes EPA and DHA that enhance your mood and energy levels that break down the fat and helps to reduce the size of waistline.
- Lemon Water – It detoxifies the liver and works as the best remedy to fasten your metabolism and thereby reduces the fat stored in and around the abdomen. So, drink lemon water in the morning with an empty stomach for best results.
- Cinnamon – Acts as a great fat burner with its thermogenic property which stimulates metabolism by producing heat. It also lowers your blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of storing fat in the body.
- Garlic – It stops the conversion of pre-fat cells into actual fat cells and thereby prevents you from gaining weight or belly fat. So, consume raw garlic regularly to get rid of belly fat.
- Lean Meat – Do you know that proteins from animal source have the more thermogenic effect rather than proteins getting from vegetable source? It effectively burns your calories while you’re eating the food. So, include protein-rich foods like lean chicken, lean pork or beef, etc.
- Other than eating healthy or exercising, you have to make some lifestyle changes such as sleeping and eating in the right time, avoid alcohol (contains full of empty calories), reduce your stress by taking a few deep breaths.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, which in turn results in headaches and weight gain. So, drink water to flush out the toxins and thereby relieves bloating and stomach upset to get rid of belly fat.
- Eating healthy will definitely add an advantage to get rid of belly fat. Here are a few tips that help you to stay fit and healthy. Whenever you feel hungry then snack on wholesome foods like fruits or vegetables rather than junk foods, reduce your sugar intake, consume whole foods which keeps you feel full with low calories, include good fats such as nuts, avocado, seeds, coconut oil, etc., never ever skip your meals, avoid eating before going to bed (take a break of 3 – 4 hours after eating food and going to bed) and consume more vitamin C.
Q: How do you get rid of back fat?
Ans: Bulging back fat will make you feel conscious whenever you wear tank top or swimsuit. Overweight, lack of regular exercise, certain health problems, poor eating habits, genetics, hormonal imbalance, etc. are some of the causes of this back fat.
Remember that you have to work hard to melt the fat from your back, as it takes rigorous exercise routine and full body workouts. So, learn proper exercises that target the back muscles and follow proper diet along with some cardio exercises.
- Pull-ups (Pull your body up and hanging by gripping a bar. Do a set of 10 daily)
- Dumbbell Row (Put a knee on a bench and grab a light dumbbell in the opposite hand. Bend slightly forward and pull your arm back straight. Do a set of 12 on each arm)
- TYI Exercises (Simply lie on the stomach and lift your chest. Move the arms up and out in T and then Y and I position. Perform 12 – 15 sets daily).
- Push-ups (Put your hands on the ground and lower towards the floor and push back yourself after 3 seconds. Continue these pushups for a set of 10 daily).
- Hip Twister Plank (Take the position of forearm plank and drop 1 hip to the ground and rotate your torso. Now keep the shoulders above the elbows and rotate the torso to the opposite side along with dropping another hip. Do it 15 – 20 repetitions daily).
- Tricep Dips (Sit on a chair by keeping your hands wide and elbows bent. Stretch your legs with a bend in the knee. Use your arms to lower your body towards the floor and again raise to the starting position. Do it 15 – 20 repetitions at a time daily).
- Superman (Lie on your stomach and rest the arms overhead with palms facing down. Try to lift the head off the floor by bending the arms and legs slightly and lift them off the floor. Hold it for 3 – 5 seconds and repeat for 12 – 20 times daily).
- Bridge Knee Lift (Lie down on the back and place your feet on the floor. Slowly lift the hips and raise one foot off the floor without dropping the hips towards the chest. Lower that foot and pull another one. Perform 20 sets with each leg daily to get rid of back fat).
- The Bow (Lie flat on the belly and bend your knees to grab the outer edge of each ankle. Bring the toes together and inhale to slowly lift the feet and thighs as high as you can. Hold for 5 deep breaths and relax.)
Also, perform other cardio exercises like jumping rope, swimming, brisk walking, boxing, running, rowing, side crunches, planks, or dancing for not only burning your fat but also work on strengthening your muscles, tone up your back and sculpt the body. Also, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep and consume a healthy diet that includes soluble fibers, healthy fats and essential nutrients to get rid of back fat.