If anytime you see a red sweat rash under breasts, know that it is intertrigo. Intertrigo can be defined as inflammation of the skin that occurs in warm, moist parts of your body often in the places where two skin surfaces (skin folds) rub with or press against each other. Such a rash under breast that qualifies perfectly to be attacked by intertrigo will have a definite edge. There may be some whitish material on it too. The major causes of such rashes under breast include skin to skin friction and Candida fungus or Corynebacterium bacteria that survive in warm, moist places. And if you are overweight and have large breasts too, you may be easily infected by Candida that would easily grow in the skin creases under breast. You must once consult your doctor to rule out the possibility of these rashes being eczema or psoriasis. Once you know it is not any skin disease, you may then proceed with the home remedies for rash under breasts to get rid of these itchy and sometimes sore rashes under breast.
Home Remedies for Rashes Under Breast
1. Cold Compress for Soothing Relief from Rash under Breast
Because your rash under breast will itch and give you burning sensations, a cold compress can give you much required relief from them. Use cold water compress or even one made with skim-milk to get instant soothing relief from these embarrassing rashes.
- Ice OR Cold water OR Milk-Water solution (milk and water mixed in equal parts)
- A clean cloth or a towel
- Wrap the ice in the cloth or towel to make the cold compress.
- If using cold water, soak the cloth in it and wring out the excess water. Do the same when using milk and water solution. Ensure it is cold enough to give you relief.
- Apply the compress on the affected area under breast and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- If you feel the compress gets warmer before that, make it cold again by dipping the cloth in the cold water or milk solution.
- Repeat the process for 20-30 minutes.
- If you have used milk, don’t forget to wash off the area with mild soap and water once you are done with cold compress.
Precaution: Always use clean cloth otherwise you stand the chance of severe infection under breast.
2. Use Cornstarch to Get Rid of Rash under Breast
Cornstarch is one fine ingredient that absorbs moisture very well. As you now know that rashes under breast develop due to the warm moist environment there and fungus too can thrive in such an environment, cornstarch is just the right thing to apply under your breasts. It will relieve itching and burning and will give you soothing relief. However, if after applying cornstarch, you sweat then it may lead to fungal infection. Therefore you need to remain completely dry and cool (so that you don’t sweat) before and after applying cornstarch.
- Wash the rash affected area under breast properly using soap and water.
- Pat dry completely with towel.
- Remember the area should be completely dry otherwise you run the risk of fungal infection there.
- When the area is dry, really dry, dust cornstarch over it.
- Repeat twice daily.
Precaution: Once again, don’t apply cornstarch on moist skin or let your skin get moist after applying cornstarch.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Rash under Breast
Apple cider vinegar has been proved to treat all types of skin rashes effectively. So whether your rash under breast is due to fungus, bacteria, or irritation, vinegar may help relieve it. It helps you cure the inflammation and also reduces irritation and itching promoting the area to heal faster.
- Apple cider vinegar- 1-2 tbsp
- Water- 1-2 cups
- Cloth or cotton ball
- Dilute vinegar in water
- Soak the cloth or cotton ball in this solution.
- Wipe the affected area with this.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
4. Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Rash under Breast
Coconut oil has lauric acid in it which makes it not only anti viral but also antifungal. This lauric acid dissolves the fatty outer membranes of microbes and gets you rid of any kind of infection that may be leading to rashes under your breast. It also relieves you of the itching that is caused by these irritating rashes.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Rashes under Breast
Just apply some coconut oil, preferably extra-virgin variety on the area under breast having rash. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
5. Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Rash under Breast
Whether your rash under breast has gone infectious or not, tea tree oil will definitely help you out. Due to its anti-fungal properties, tea tree oil will not only treat your fungal infection that may be causing the rashes but will also prevent the growth of such fungi in the area. Even if you only have rashes due to irritation, the broken skin can lead to fungal infection as fungi love to thrive in such areas. However, dilute the oil before applying it to the rash under breasts.
- Tea tree oil- 4-6 drops
- Olive oil or coconut oil- 2-4 tbsp
- Cotton ball
- Dilute tea tree oil by mixing it with the olive or coconut oil.
- Soak the cotton ball in this.
- Apply this to your rash under breast.
- Massage it gently into your skin.
- Repeat twice a day, preferably after shower and before going to bed at night.
Precaution- If you are allergic to the oil, you may develop some irritation. If at all using in such condition, use negligible amount of oil, say 1 drop in the carrier oil. Do not take tea tree oil orally without consulting your doctor or a herbalist.
6. Aloe Vera to Get Rid of a Rash under Breast
The cool soothing and skin friendly herb is also useful when it comes to rashes under breast. It not only soothes the itching and burning caused by rashes but also heals the skin. This is due to the excellent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of aloe vera.
- Aloe vera leaf
- Cut open a part of aloe leaf with the help of the knife.
- You will be able to see the yellowish white aloe gel that is fresh.
- With help of the spoon, scrap the outer yellowish part of the gel and discard it.
- Now you can see the clear aloe gel.
- Take some of it onto your palm.
- Apply this to the rashes under breast.
- Rub this gently to help it go deep into your skin and meanwhile enjoy the cool soothing effect of the fresh aloe gel.
- Now leave it there for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat 2-3 times or even more as per the gravity of your problem.
7. Basil for Rashes under Breast
Basil has anti-inflammatory properties that can cure redness due to rashes. The wound healing properties of basil, on the other hand, can fight of fungal infections, not only rashes under breast but even the ringworm. What ore, basil is highly soothing and relieves itching and burning that you get from your skin rashes. This is majorly due to basil’s component eugenol which is a topical anesthetic having capability to soothe itchy rashes under breasts or on any other parts of your body.
Ways to Use Basil for Under Breast Rashes
- Add 1 tbsp of dried basil in 2 cups of boiling water. Let it steep covered till it cools down completely. Strain and use this water as a skin wash for your affected body part.
- Take some fresh basil leaves and crush them in a mortar and pestle. Apply this paste on your breast rash. Leave for about half an hour and then wash off.
8. Garlic to Get Rid of a Rash under Breast
Garlic has strong antiseptic and antifungal properties probably due to the very beneficial component allicin. This component is released only when you crush the raw garlic. While you can always add garlic to your daily diet, what will be more helpful to you for the rashes under breast is its paste that is applied topically to the affected area.
- Garlic cloves- 2-4
- Crush the garlic using mortar and pestle or blender to get its paste.
- Apply this garlic paste to your rashes affected skin under breast.
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes and then wash off.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
9. Lemon to Get Rid of a Rash under Breast
Lemon juice, loaded with vitamin C is a strong antioxidant and helps fight off free radicals to keep your skin healthy, young and infection free. It also helps balance the pH level of your skin so that the fungi and bacteria could not thrive there. It sure helps speed up the healing process too.
Ways to Use Lemon Juice for rashes under Breast
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with 3-4 tablespoons of water and apply this with the help of cotton ball under breast where you suffer from skin rashes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1/2 – 1 tsp of honey and apply this to your rashes. Leave 15-20 minutes and then wash off.
- Add few drops of lemon juice in your bathing water and take bath with this water focusing to wash the skin under breast more attentively.
Precaution: Do not step out in sun after applying lemon juice to your body parts that come in direct contact of sun rays like when you take bath with water having lemon juice in it. You skin becomes photo sensitive when you apply lemon juice to it.
10. Calendula for Rashes under Breast
Marigold or the calendula herb is an age-old medicine for many conditions including eczema, gastritis, minor burns, sunburns, warts, as well minor injuries like sprains and wounds. It is loaded with flavonoids, the powerful anti-oxidants that protect your body cells from damage caused by oxidation. Calendula reduces inflammation and promotes wound healing and that too very fast by improving blood flow to the affected area and promoting the production of collagen proteins. It has excellent anti-septic properties too. However, when rashes are talked about, calendula also works as an anti-fungal agent. It will not only treat the common skin rashes including those under breast but will also cure athlete’s foot, ringworm, and Candida.
Make Calendula Oil
- Dried calendula flowers
- Olive oil
- Take a clean and dry glass jar and place Calendula flowers in it.
- Now fill the jar with olive oil covering the flowers. Keep oil at least 1 inch above the flowers to let them expand.
- Stir well and cover the jar tightly with lid.
- Put the jar in a warm, sunny place for 4-6 weeks.
- Shake it 1-4 times a day.
- After about a month or so, strain it using cheesecloth.
- Store the herbal oil in glass bottle placed in a cool dark place.
- Whenever you get rashes, apply a little of this oil and rub gently into the skin 2-4 times a day.
If you are not so fond of oils, make calendula salve using this oil.
Make Calendula Salve
- Calendula herbal oil (may use the one you made with above recipe) – 1/2 cup
- Beeswax- 1 tbsp
- Lavender essential oil (optional)- 15-20 drops
- Coarsely chop beeswax.
- Add chopped beeswax to Calendula oil and melt using a double boiler.
- Remove and stir in Lavender oil if using.
- Store in glass jars.
- Let it cool down completely before covering the jar with lid.
- Apply on your rashes whenever required.
This soothing and healing homemade calendula salve can also be applied to sore muscles, minor cuts, insect bites, and rashes other than those under breasts, stretch marks, chapped lips, bruises, and all the other types of skin irritations.
11. Witch Hazel to Get Rid of A Rash under Breast
Witch hazel has long been used by the Native Americans for a variety of skin problems. Its leaves and bark has huge amounts of tannin’s that can be described as astringent plant compounds. They have effective drying or shrinking properties. It also contains many flavonoid pigments. The astringent nature of witch hazel, particularly the tannin’s present in it makes the proteins in the skin get tightened. This helps in creating a protective layer which not only resists inflammation but also promotes healing. What more, witch hazel can also repair damaged blood vessels under your skin’s surface. It soothes any tender skin and helps prevent pain as well as infection. All these makes witch hazel an effective remedy for not only grave skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis but also various other skin issues including mosquito bites, stings, burns, bedsores, poison ivy, sunburn, diaper rash, pus-filled acne and not to mention rashes under breast.
Ways to Use Witch Hazel for rashes under Breast
- Get witch hazel extract which is readily available in medical and health stores. Soak a cotton ball in this and simply apply over your rashes.
- You may also boil some witch hazel bark in water. Take a clean cloth and then soak this in it. Place this cloth over the rashes affected area under breasts. Wash off with water after about 30 minutes.
Precaution: Avoid taking witch hazel decoctions, teas and tinctures internally, especially if you are a pregnant woman or have lower intestinal problems or stomach ulcers as it may cause liver damage, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea when consumed in excess. It may be harmful to take it internally in excess of 1 gram. Also, the strong astringent action of witch hazel may cause skin peeling and dryness in people having sensitive skin.
12. Baking Soda Remedy for Rashes under Breast
Baking soda is alkaline and that’s why it is helpful in curing many types of skin irritations including rashes. As most of the irritants of sensitive skin are acidic, baking soda can help neutralize certain chemicals that cause skin irritation. Baking soda also has a very soothing effect that calms your skin. Additionally, it adheres to the dry dead skin clumps and when you wash off the baking soda mask, it takes away the dead skin cells along with it. Therefore you not only can get rid of rashes but can also have newer and healthier skin cells once your rashes under breast are gone. Mixing vinegar with baking soda further enhances its effectiveness.
- Baking soda- 1/4 cup
- Vinegar- 1 – 1/2 tbsp
- Mix baking soda and vinegar to create a smooth paste.
- Apply this to the rashes under breasts.
- Leave for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Keep on doing this for few days or even weeks until your rashes disappear completely.
13. Turmeric to Treat Skin Rashes under Breast
Turmeric has been traditionally used for skin disorders and with positive results too. The active ingredient in turmeric called curcumin has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Thus it not only treats rashes but any bacterial infection too that may be behind your rashes.
Ways to Use Turmeric for Skin Rashes
- Take half a teaspoon of turmeric and add this to a glass of boiling water. Allow this to simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Wash the affected area with this solution when it cools down.
- If your rashes are not too grave, just make a paste with turmeric powder and water and apply to your rashes. You need not boil this in water.
- Mix 1/2 – 1 tsp of turmeric with 1-2 tsp of aloe vera gel and apply this to your rashes. Wash off after 10-15 minutes.
- Boil 1/2 a tsp of turmeric in a glass of milk and have it every day if you suffer a lot from skin rashes and other skin diseases frequently.
- Apply turmeric oil to your rashes.
Precaution- turmeric stains anything that comes with its contact so be careful with your clothes etc. While applying turmeric to the rashes under your breast.
14. Chamomile for Rashes under Breast
Chamomile has been used since ages for various skin diseases and other inflammatory conditions. The herb contains volatile oils including bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin along with flavonoids, particularly the apinegin compound. These ingredients are what make chamomile flowers perfect for treating skin diseases including rashes under breast.
Ways to Use Chamomile for Rashes
- Make chamomile tea by steeping a tsp of the herb in hot water. Apply this tea when it cools down or is just a little warm, to your rashes. You may instantly get relief from itchiness and irritation caused by them.
- Apply chamomile essential oil to your rashes.
15. Some Precautionary Remedies for rashes under Breast
If you had suffered from rashes under breasts many a times or quite frequently, its time for you to take a look at your hygiene and other factors that may be leading to this irritating rashes. Identify the causes that are giving you these rashes and treat them. Some of the steps that you might take have been listed as under:
- During your daily shower, wash under the breast properly. Apply soap and then wash properly with water under your breast. Dry out the area completely afterwards because moist environments are perfect for rashes and infections.
- Cleaning the skin beneath your breasts become all the more important for women with big and heavier breasts as they have skin folds there. Use mild soap, water to wash and dry out completely.
- Loose brassieres may also give you rashes as they leave enough space for the skin folds for friction. Always wear form-fitting bra.
- Wash your undergarments properly with warm water and soap. This kills bacteria eliminating all chances for you to get infection.
- If you are a diabetic, take extra care as high blood glucose levels lead to fungal infections.
Taking all these precautions will certainly prevent rashes under breast. If however, you get them once in a while, use any of the home remedies for rashes under breasts to get rid of them!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.