7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Losing Abdominal Fat
Apple cider vinegar, with its acetic acid, helps you get rid of belly fat. Acid generally ensures better digestion of protein which is in turn essential for growth hormones of our body. Growth hormone is one of the best mediums that can break down your fat cells. This also keeps your metabolism working even when you are resting or sleeping. By enabling the utilization of iron in your body, ACV also helps in consuming energy. Energy consumption is equal to burning fat.
- Apple cider vinegar- 1-2 tbsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Add ACV to the glass of water.
- Have this water before your meals three times a day.
Ensure that you get the unfiltered apple cider vinegar with mother. Filtered ACV will not be of much help when it comes to losing fat from around your waist.
8. Apple for Reducing Abdominal Fat
Apple has been undoubtedly accepted as a healthy fruit. It helps you in reducing fat, particularly belly fat. Apples are a rich source of fiber, flavonoids, phytosterol and beta-carotene that make you feel full so that you don’t overeat. Apples are also a rich source of pectin. Any fruit which is high in pectin has to be chewed more taking longer to finish. This gives your body the signal of being full in time. Also, when pectin gets dissolved in your stomach, it leads to formation of a gel like substance which traps fat and dietary cholesterol. The polyphenols present in apples are also an important component that metabolize all types of body fat. So, it seems wise to have apples to lose belly fat.
How to eat apples to reduce abdominal fat?
- Have at least one apple during the day. You can have this with your breakfast or as mid morning snack, in afternoon or before any of your meals.
- Always wash off your apple well before eating it to scrub out all the pesticides on its peel.
- Most of the apples these days are sprayed with wax that traps the pesticides into it. So, you need to remove the wax off it. Normal washing with water can’t remove this wax. Wash and scrub your apple with lukewarm water. You may also use apple cider vinegar (or normal vinegar) to clean off the wax, or even a mixture of warm water, lime juice and baking soda before having your apple.
9. Mint Remedy for Losing Belly Fat
This soothing herb called mint does wonders for reducing your abdominal fat by releasing extra bile from gallbladder. Bile, as you know, helps your body in digesting fat. Here are some methods to include mint in your daily diet scheme.
Ways to have mint to lose belly fat
a) Make Chutney with Mint Leaves:
- Mint leaves- 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 10-12
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- a pinch of it
- Lemon juice- 1-2 tsp
- Mix mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- With the help of grinder, grind them to make a paste. If needed, use a little water.
- Add chilli powder, lemon juice and salt to this mint chutney.
- Use this mint chutney as a spread or dip along with your meals. Have this chutney with all your meals during the day.
- Make fresh chutney everyday in the morning to use throughout the day.
b) Make Peppermint Tea:
- Fresh mint leaves (or dried leaves)- 1 tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp
- Boil the water.
- Add mint leaves to this hot water.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add honey if you need a sweetener. Do not use sugar.
- Have this tea once or twice a day.
10. Vitamin C Boost for Belly Fat Reduction
Deficiency in vitamin C will not let you get rid of belly fat as this vitamin is essential for proper metabolism of fat. If you have more fat around your stomach, it is more likely that you are low on Vitamin C. This vitamin is needed for production of those molecules that are used in metabolism of fatty tissues and lack of it means that your body is not using the stored fat howsoever hard you are exercising. Moreover, this water soluble vitamin cannot be stored in the body. Unused vitamin C is excreted out of your body via urine. So, you need to replenish your vitamin C stock everyday. Most of the fruits and vegetables have vitamin C in them but there are certain fruits and veggies that have rich sources of this vitamin. Include these fruits and veggies in your diet for a daily boost of vitamin C to reduce abdominal fat.
- Gooseberry (amla)
- Red bell peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
11. Eat Avocados to Reduce Abdominal Fat
Although avocados are high in monounsaturated fats, they can actually make your waist slim. Avocados help in reducing systemic inflammation which is a cause of high cholesterol. It also maintains steady balance in blood sugar levels so that your body doesn’t store excessive calories as fat. When your cholesterol and blood sugar are at optimum levels, you also do not produce excessive cortisol hormone which leads to obesity, particularly around your stomach. Rich in potassium, B vitamins, amino acids and fiber, avocados give you a fine feeling of fullness too. So, add avocados in your daily diet. Here are some ways to do so.
Ways to have avocados to lose abdominal fat
- Cut avocado in two halves and sprinkle some lemon juice over it along with your choice of seasoning. You may like to add paprika and some vinegar before you have it.
- Diced and mashed avocados can be used as dips.
- Use avocados to make healthy salads.
- Combined with lettuce, tomatoes and such other veggies, avocado can make a great sandwich.
12. Sip Green Tea to Lose Belly Fat
Green tea boosts metabolism excellently. It also produce heat inside your body apart from stimulating fat oxidation. Green tea compound called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) helps stimulate fat burning. In fact, there is an interesting finding about green tea stated in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry which says that green tea works at genetic level! It not only seems to trigger those genes that help you lose weight but also prevents formation of new fat cells.
- Green tea leaves- 1 tsp
- Hot water- 1 cup
- Honey (optional)- 1 tsp
- Put the tea leaves into the cup.
- Pour the hot water into the cup.
- Let steep for 2-3 minutes, not more than that.
- Strain the tea.
- If you need sweetener, add honey
- Have the green tea.
Have green tea two to three times a day.
13. Oolong Tea to Lose Abdominal Fat
This is an ancient Chinese method of losing weight, particularly the fat around your waist. While Oolong tea comes from the same Camellia sinensis plant from which comes black and green tea, it is more effective in boosting your metabolism than even green tea is. If you want to lose your belly fat quickly, you can have Oolong tea everyday as this tea increases your body’s energy expenditure. In fact, when you mix oolong tea and green tea, you can have better results. This has been established by study conducted at the Linus Pauling Institute where men who drank tea made of a mixture of green and oolong tea reduced more weight, waist circumference and BMI than those who drank plain green tea!
- Oolong tea – 1 tsp (or ½ tsp oolong and ½ tsp of green tea)
- Hot water
- Honey (optional)- 1 tsp
- If using both the tea, mix Oolong and green tea.
- Place the tea leaves in a cup
- Pour hot water over it.
- Steep for 2-3 minutes, not more than that.
- Strain and if you need to sweeten the tea, add honey.
- Have this tea 2-3 times a day.