If you are always on the lookout for even larger bra cup sizes, its time for you to think about losing breast fat. Breast fat is a type of subcutaneous fat deposited just underneath your skin. It is thus similar to the fat that gives you the love handles. Subcutaneous fat is different from the other type of fat called visceral fat which lies deep inside the abdomen all around your major internal organs. Why am I telling you all this? Because you need to know that while losing abdominal fat is a little difficult and you need to exercise 3-4 days a week, losing subcutaneous fat is a little more difficult. You must work out more often and intensely to lose such type of subcutaneous fat. However, this fat is lesser dangerous than visceral fat which is behind such conditions as cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes.
All the above details were just to convince you that if you want to lose breast fat, you need to do regular exercises! And if you still do not think it is at all necessary to lose breast fat because it needs a good amount of exercise, just go through the reasons why you should lose breast fat!
Why Lose Breast Fat?
Lager bust is always one of the factors that is considered to make a woman more beautiful. But you also need to know why that breast fat is not at all desirable.
- Excessive breast fat leads to premature sagging of breasts.
- It may give you back pain.
- Due to the unnecessary weight at your chest that you carry all the time, your posture also gets affected.
- Some studies have suggested that women having larger breasts tend to store more visceral fat which means higher risk of certain diseases.
Therefore be prepared to do the following exercises that reduce the fat around your breasts.
Exercises to Lose Breast Fat
Exercises that tone and lift your breasts are the ones that will help you get rid of breast fat. You need to focus on such exercises that aim at the muscles of your chest area. The major muscles in your chest area are the pectoralis major and pectoralis minor muscles. These muscles help move shoulder joints and keep your arms attached to your body. Because you are a woman, you have higher fat deposits here than men’s chest. This is to protect your accessory sex glands or the breasts. The fat deposit on breast helps in protecting a woman’s milk-producing glands and ducts. However, excessive fat on breast also gives rise to all the problems that had been listed above. Of all the exercises, pushups and chest presses are the best ones to strengthen your pectoral muscles.
1. Do Push Ups to Reduce Breast Fat
- Lie down on your belly, face down.
- Your legs will remain straight and feet close to each other.
- Keep your hands at the sides of your chest, palms down.
- Let your body weight rest on your hands and feet.
- Now gently dip down towards the floor, as low as you can and then push up to where you have started.
- Don’t bend your back; it has to be straight throughout your push ups.
- Initially do 3 sets of 5 repetitions and then increase it to 3 sets of 10 and finally 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
2. Chest Press to Lose Breast Fat
- Dumbbells- 2 (3-5 lbs)
- Lie down on the bench on your back.
- Hold a dumbbell each in both of your hands.
- Raise your arms above your chest. The edges of the dumbbells will touch each other.
- Now lower your arms till your upper arms get parallel to the floor.
- Again extend the arms and return to original position.
- Do 3 sets of 10-20 repetitions
3. Spiderman Push Ups
This is yet another very useful exercise for losing fat on breast. It also strengthens your triceps so that you also lose fat on arms if any. The idea is to build muscles so that your body consumes more of energy instead of storing the calories as fat. Toning up of the muscles in chest and arms will burn fat on breasts too.
- Get into push up position.
- Lie down face down with your body weight resting upon your feet and palms.
- Dip down keeping your back straight and push up to be in the original position.
- While pushing your self up, lift the right leg and touch its knee to your right elbow.
- Take back the leg and keep on doing push ups.
- This time, lift your left leg and touch your left knee to your left elbow.
- Don’t just bring your leg halfway but try to touch your knee to the elbow.
- Do this 5-10 times. Gradually increase to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
4. Shoulder Press
This exercise is basically good for losing underarm fat but in essence it works on all the muscles of your chest area and thus is a great exercise to lose breast fat too.
- Dumbbells- 2 (3-4 lbs)
- Chair (optional)
- Either stand or sit on a chair.
- Keep your back straight and your neck in line with your spine.
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands.
- Lift your arms to bring them at the height of your shoulders.
- Now opening your arms wide, lift the weight above your head.
- Extend your arms fully above your head.
- Bring them back to the shoulder length and again raise upwards keeping the arms wide open.
- Do 3 sets of ten repetitions.
5. Hip Shift Exercise
While doing this exercise, you need to do a lot of stretches and twists. This not only helps reduce your breast fat but is also good for belly fat loss.
- Stand straight with feet at hips width.
- Stretch your arms in front of your chest, palms facing down.
- While inhaling bend your upper body downwards with back still straight as if you were about to sit on a chair.
- When your hips get parallel to the floor, stretch your right leg sidewards. Keep it straight.
- While exhaling bring your hips to the original position.
- Repeat with the left leg and left hip.
- Repeat 8-10 times.
Swimming will actually help lose your whole body fat including breast fat. Aerobic exercises burn fat from all over your body. Losing weight throughout your body means the size of your breasts will also reduce. While all the strokes while swimming are good to lose weight, the back strokes and the front strokes are particularly good for shoulder and chest muscles. Working on these muscles helps you get rid of the fat on your breasts.
7. Aerobic Exercises Help Get Rid of Breast Fat
Swimming is only one aerobic exercise that is good for breast fat loss. There are many more. Any exercise in which the large muscles of your body move continuously for a certain period of time and your heart rate also reaches a certain level is called an aerobic exercise. It can be as simple an exercise as walking, mowing lawn and climbing stairs to the vigorous ones as jogging, running, cycling, swimming and playing tennis, basketball etc. Aerobic exercises boost your metabolism so that you lose weight faster. Losing over all body fat also reduces your breast size.
Do any one or more aerobic exercise daily. Choose from the list below:
- Climbing stairs
- Fast dancing
- Brisk walking
Do aerobic exercise daily for about 30-40 minutes.
8. Lose Breast Fat with Cardiovascular Exercises
Many cardiovascular exercises focus on toning up your upper body part which includes your chest area too. In fact, they help reduce your overall body fat. If you have an access to gym, don’t lose the opportunity to do these exercises for breast fat loss.
- Stationary bike
- Elliptical Trainer
Do these exercises for at least 45 minutes, 5 days a week. Along with cardio exercises, do strength training exercises too. We have discussed such exercises in detail like push ups and chest presses.
Do Yoga to Reduce Breast Size
Just like other exercises, Yoga, the ancient exercise technique from India, helps you a lot in toning your muscles and lose fat. One of such yoga asana or yoga pose to reduce breast size is the ‘Ardha Chakrasana’ or the ‘Standing Backward Bend’. This yoga posture stretches your front upper body and tones the muscles of shoulder and arms as well as of chest area.
- Stand straight. Keep your feet together and let your arms hang downwards at the side of your body.
- Your body weight should rest equally on both the feet.
- While inhaling, raise your arms above your head. Palms should face each other while stretching arms.
- While exhaling, and while the arms are still extended upwards, gently bend yourself backwards pushing the pelvis forward.
- Keep the arms in line with the ears. Elbows and knees should be straight, head up.
- Lift your chest towards the ceiling while in the above position
- Hold for sometime.
- While inhaling, come back in straight position.
- While exhaling, bring your arms down and relax.
Precaution: If you have hip or spinal problems, high blood pressure, brain ailments, peptic or duodenal ulcers, hernia or if you are a pregnant woman, avoid doing this yoga asana.
Change Diet to Lose Breast Fat
Not only exercises, you also need to pay attention to what you eat if you want to reduce your breast size. You basically need balanced diet which is loaded with nutrients and is low on carbohydrates, fats and sugars.
- Avoid or consume very less sugar and sugary foods.
- Have more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid having processed foods.
- Avoid sodas and colas.
- Eat smaller meals frequently instead of 3 large meals in a day.
- Drink lots of water to avoid water retention and to detoxify your body.
All these changes in diet will help you lose weight faster by boosting your metabolism. Losing weight means you will also lose fat from your breast.
Home Remedies to Lose Breast Fat
If you really want to lose it faster, compliment your exercises and diet with some home remedies to reduce breast size.
1. Ginger Increases Metabolism and Reduces Breast Fat
Metabolism is the process by which your body transforms the food you eat into fuel or energy that makes you active and full of life. Metabolism decides how quickly your calories would be burned. If it is good, the calories burn fast before they convert into fat. Ginger is one food that helps speed up your metabolism so that you reduce fat from all of your body including breasts.
Make yourself ginger tea everyday
- Ginger (peeled and chopped)- 1-2 inch piece
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Lemon- 1
- Water- 2-3 cups
- Boil the water in a pan.
- Add the ginger and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Then strain the tea.
- Add lemon juice and honey.
- Stir well and enjoy the flavorful tea while losing your breast fat.
However, you should keep this in mind. No food helps you a lot unless you move your body. So, exercise is the must. Ginger is only a supplement to speed up the process of loosing fat.
2. Green Tea also Boosts Metabolism to Lose Breast Fat
Many researchers have found that green tea has thermogenic properties and it promotes fat oxidation. This is due to its component catechin. However, you need to have at least 4-5 cups of green tea a day in order to get its metabolism boosting benefits! If you worry about caffeine portion, it has far lesser caffeine than any other tea. So, go ahead and have few cups of green tea included in your daily diet to lose fat of wherever you want, be it breasts!
Make green tea to melt away breast fat
- Green tea leaves- 1 tsp or a tea bag
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp
- Lemon juice (optional)- 1-2 tsp
- Steep the tea in a cup of hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and honey if using.
- Stir well and enjoy your cup of green tea.
3. Flaxseed Help Reduce Breast Size, of Men too
Now this remedy is not only for women! There are men too who have breast like growths on their chests. This flaxseed remedy is especially good for them too. Of course, women can also have flaxseed to lose their breast fat. This effect is due to flaxseed’s property of inhibiting the effects of excessive estrogen. Estrogen is the female hormone responsible for all the girly features of a woman and some men too! Omega 3 fatty acids, lignans and various other components of flaxseed give it this unique property of nullifying the effects of estrogen.
How to have your flaxseed to reduce breast size
- Add 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed in a glass of warm water and have it.
- You can add it to your breakfast cereal too.
- Have 1 tsp flaxseed oil with your meals.
- You can also take flax oil capsules.
- You can mix the oil or flaxseed powder to your juices or any other beverage.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Breast Reduction
There are many herbs that have been used by Ayurveda since ages to reduce breasts, both in men and women. Ayurvedic approach is that breast enlargement is due to some other underlying medical cause and thus it uses certain herbal remedies that treat the underlying cause and assists in fat loss in breasts. Here are the herbs used by Ayurveda for breast fat loss.
Sometimes when breast gets bigger due to some hormonal imbalance, Shatavari is prescribed as a remedy. During the monthly menstruation cycle of women, estrogen and progesterone get imbalanced. Shatavari works to achieve balance in such condition.
Some men too suffer from enlarged breasts, mostly due to liver and kidney conditions. It also occurs due to certain hormonal changes, especially in middle-aged men when estrogen increases and testosterone levels decrease in their bodies. Manjishta herb is basically a detoxifying herb that helps clean off toxins from the body and help reduce the size of breasts.
3. Neem and Turmeric
These two very important herbs are used for women who suffer from fatty breasts mainly due to inflammation. When inflammation is due to some infection, neem is the remedy for it. It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that cures infection and reduces inflammation. Turmeric, on the other hand, has this strong anti-oxidant called curcumin that fights of inflammation at the level of bodily enzymes.
If someone decides to take herbal medications for breast fat loss, he or she should always consult a herbalist who can properly guide about the methods and dosage of these herbs to be taken in order to reduce one’s breast size.
Taking a wholesome approach which includes exercising, diet change and certain metabolism boosting remedies can sure help you lose breast fat!