Unwanted hair is a cause of embarrassment for many. While you need to get rid of unwanted hair at hidden places like armpits for hygienic purposes and to get rid of body odor, the hair on your face, hands, legs etc. does not pose any risk to your health. But yes, this unwanted hair can be removed so that you feel confident enough to face people. Clean and clear skin is a dream of everyone and you are no exception. So, if you have decided to get rid of your unwanted hair and are researching about various techniques like laser, electrolysis, permanent waxing etc. you must try certain home remedies for hair removal for some days. You may succeed in saving a lot of money and getting rid of unwanted hair removal in an easy and cheap way.
Home Remedies for Unwanted Hair Removal
1. Raw Papaya Remedy for Unwanted Hair Removal
Papain is one of the active enzymes in papaya. It is capable of breaking down hair follicle and prohibit the growth of hair. Not only this makes your fine hair less noticeable but it also naturally exfoliate your skin to give it an improved texture. Papaya is most suitable for sensitive skin. Thus, use raw papaya in one of these two ways to get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.
1st way of using raw papaya for unwanted hair removal
• Raw papaya paste- 1-2 tablespoons
• Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
• Make papaya paste by peeling and grinding raw papaya pieces.
• Mix turmeric powder with this raw papaya paste.
• Massage your face with this paste for about 15 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
• Do this once or twice a week.
2nd way of using raw papaya for unwanted hair removal
• Papaya powder- ¼ tablespoon OR Papaya paste- 1 tablespoon
• Turmeric powder- ¼ tablespoon
• Gram flour- ¼ tablespoon
• Aloe vera gel- 4 tablespoons
• Mustard oil- 2 tablespoons
• Essential oil (optional- lavender or any other)- 2 drops
• Combine all the ingredients and mix well to get a thick paste.
• Apply this paste to your body part in opposite direction of hair growth.
• Leave it for 15-20 minutes or till it dries off.
• Take a clean cloth and rub in the opposite direction of hair growth.
• When all of the paste has been removed in this way, wash off with water and pat dry.
• Take a few drops of olive oil, moisturizer or baby oil and massage the skin with this.
• Repeat this thrice a week and continue for at least 3 months.
2. Turmeric for Unwanted Hair Removal
Turmeric has been used for ages in India for healthy clean glowing skin. This is because along with its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties, turmeric also has this quality of preventing hair growth. While turmeric is used with many ingredients to remove unwanted hair, this is a simple remedy where turmeric can just be used with water or milk.
• Turmeric- 1-2 tsp (or enough to cover your body area with hair)
• Water or milk- enough to make paste.
• Soak turmeric powder in water or milk to make a paste which is not too tight but which can stay on your face.
• Apply this to your face.
• Leave for 15-20 minutes or till it dries up.
• Wash off with warm water.
However, this remedy is for those who have very little hair on face or other body parts. If you have denser hair, turmeric has to be used with some other ingredients like gram flour, rice flour or ground oats along with milk.
3. Chickpea Flour Mask for Unwanted Hair Removal
Chickpea flour, also known as gram flour and garbanzo beans flour, has been used traditionally in the Indian subcontinent for removing and preventing the growth of unwanted body hair. Mothers use gram flour mixed with turmeric and water or milk on small babies’ face, hands and legs so that their skin remains soft, clean and hair free. You may also try this remedy for removing your unwanted hair.
• Chickpea flour- ½ bowl
• Milk- ½ bowl
• Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
• Fresh cream- 1 tsp (omit this if you have oily skin)
• Take the chickpea flour in a bowl.
• Add turmeric, milk and fresh cream to this and mix well to make a smooth paste.
• Apply this paste on your face in the direction of your hair growth.
• Ensure you have all your hair covered.
• Leave it for about half an hour.
• After 30 minutes, start rubbing the flour mask with the gentle hand in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
• If the paste has dried a lot, you may wet your fingers a little to rub your face.
• Afterwards, wash off your face with lukewarm water.
4. Sugar-Lemon Mix to Remove Unwanted Hair on Face
When you mix sugar with water, it acts as an excellent exfoliate due to its granular texture. Lemon juice in this mixture acts as an astringent. Lemon juice is also a natural bleach which lightens the color of your facial hair.
• Sugar- 2 tablespoons
• Fresh lemon juice- 2 teaspoons
• Water- 10 tablespoons
• Mix sugar, lemon juice and water.
• Sugar will dissolve, though not fully, in the water. There will be the granular effect of sugar.
• Apply this to your face in the direction of hair growth.
• Leave for 15-20 minutes.
• Wash off with water while rubbing gently.
• Do this twice or thrice a week. After few weeks, you will see a noticeable reduction in hair on your face.
5. Sugar-Lemon-Honey Mix to Remove Unwanted Hair on Arms, Legs
While sugar and lemon juice mixed with water can act as a good remedy for facial hair removal, the same sugar and lemon juice when mixed with honey can act as a good homemade wax-like ingredient to remove unwanted hair from your other body parts like arms and legs. Rapidhomeremedies.com However, this can be a little painful process just like waxing done in a parlor because sugar mixed with honey acts as a sticky paste that is used to pluck the hair.
• Sugar- 1 tablespoon
• Honey- 1 tsp
• Lemon juice- 1 tsp
• Cornstarch or plain flour – 1-2 tsp
• A strip of cloth OR Waxing strip
• Vessel (to heat)- 1
• Waxing spatula or a butter knife
• Water (optional)- if needed to make the paste a little thinner
• Add honey and lemon juice with sugar and put them in the vessel.
• Heat the mixture to get a smooth paste. You may also use a microwave oven for the purpose. If using the microwave, heat it for about 3 minutes.
• If you see that the paste is getting too thick, use a little water too.
• Now let the mixture cool down to a temperature where it is still a little warm.
• Dust your body part having unwanted hair with some cornstarch or plain flour.
• Using the waxing spatula or butter knife, spread a thin layer of this warm mixture on your body part. Do this in the direction of the hair growth.
• Now immediately, cover the area with the cloth strip or waxing strip, press to stick it to the paste and pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
This is a painful process to remove unwanted hair but is a natural one. If you want a painless remedy, use chickpea flour remedy for removing hair, given earlier in this article.
6. Egg Mask for Removal of Unwanted Facial Hair
When it comes to stickiness, egg white is no less then sugar-honey. Egg white too dries off and sticks to your face and when you pull it, this mask will come up with hair on your face.
• Egg white- of 1 egg
• Sugar- 1 tablespoon
• Cornflour- ½ tablespoon
• Add sugar and cornflour with egg white.
• Beat till you get a smooth paste.
• Apply this egg mask to your face and let it dry.
• Once dried, it will become a thin mask attached to your face.
• Pull this egg mask with a firm hand so that the hair to comes off with it. Watch though, pulling firmly doesn’t mean hurting yourself!
7. White Pepper- Camphor for Unwanted Hair Removal from Legs
As pepper and camphor both are strong and may have a burning sensation when applied to sensitive skin, this remedy is strictly for removing hair from legs. Some people recommend kerosene oil to be mixed with this mixture of camphor and pepper but it is a total no-no for at least two reasons. One, kerosene is highly inflammable and you may accidentally catch fire even form a little spark! Second, kerosene can damage your skin beyond repair! If you need, you can use almond oil but that’s totally optional.
• White pepper- 2 tablespoons
• Camphor- 2 tablespoons
• Almond oil- few drops
• Grind the white pepper to get its fine powder.
• Mix the ground white pepper with camphor.
• Add almond oil and mix well.
• Apply this paste on legs.
• Leave for 10-15 minutes.
• Wash off the paste.
• If you try to see carefully, your hair on legs will fall off with the paste.
8. Potato-Lentil Ayurvedic Remedy for Unwanted Hair Removal
Potato is a natural bleaching agent. When mixed with yellow lentil or moong daal as it is called in India, potato juice not only makes your hair light in color but also works with dried lentil paste in pulling the hair off the face. This is a natural Ayurvedic way of removing unwanted hair from face, legs and hands.
• Potato (peeled and crushed)- 1 bowl
• Yellow lentil – 1 bowl
• Honey- 1 tbsp
• Lemon juice- 4 tbsp
• 1 sieve or a thin cloth to filter juice
• Soak the yellow lentil in water overnight.
• In the morning, ground the lentil to get its paste.
• Take the peeled and crushed potatoes and place onto the sieve. Press with hands or a spoon to extract its juice. You can also use a cloth to extract potato juice.
• Add honey, lemon, and potato juice to yellow lentil paste and mix well.
• Apply this paste on face, hands, and legs, wherever you want your hair to go away.
• Leave it for 15-20 minutes or till the time it dries off.
• Once it dries, remove the paste by rubbing it with fingers. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair with it.
9. Banana- Oatmeal Scrub for Unwanted Hair Removal
If your skin is dry, banana is one of the best ingredients that can be used for removing hair for you. Banana leaves your skin soft and supple. But just banana is not enough for removing hair. You need to mix it with something which is a little rough on skin to exfoliate it. However, this roughness should not harm your delicate skin. Oatmeal is the perfect thing to use then. It is also a great natural cleanser for skin.
• Ripe banana- 1
• Oatmeal- 1-2 tsp
• Mash the banana.
• Add oatmeal to it.
• Apply this paste to face rubbing in circular motion.
• Do this for about 15 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
• Repeat this twice a week.
10. Sugar-Molasses Homemade Wax for Unwanted Hair Removal
You have seen earlier that sugar combined with lemon and honey can be used to make a depilatory wax for removing unwanted hair. Sugar can also be used with molasses or dark corn syrup for the same purpose.
• Sugar- 1 cup
• Molasses OR Dark corn syrup – enough to top the sugar.
• Lemon juice- from half a lemon
• Place sugar in a microwave-safe bowl or a vessel.
• Top this with a drizzle of molasses or dark corn syrup, whatever you are using.
• Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
• Microwave for 2-3 minutes or heat it up to dissolve the sugar.
• Now add the lemon juice to the mixture. Stir well.
• If you see the mixture needs to blend more, microwave or heat for another 2-3 minutes.
• Let it cool for sometime. However, it should be warm and not cold before you apply this to your hair for removing.
• Apply the warm mixture to your hair on hands and legs. Use a strip of cloth or waxing strip to pull off the hair.
11. Alum-Rosewater Remedy for Removing Unwanted Hair
Here is something which is traditionally used by the women of India and Pakistan to resolve the menace of unwanted hair. This is alum and rosewater. Alum can be found as a rock of alum or in powdered form. This remedy uses alum powder. You can even ground rock alum to get this powder.
• Alum powder- ½ tsp
• Rose water- 2-3 tablespoon
• Cotton ball
• Olive oil or sesame oil- few drops
• Add rosewater to alum powder
• With the help of a spoon, dissolve the powder into the rosewater, as much as you can.
• Now take the cotton ball and dip it in this water.
• Apply this rosewater mixed with alum powder on the body parts with unwanted hair.
• Let it sit there and when it dries off, apply again.
• Repeat this for about 50-60 minutes. However, if your skin is sensitive, don’t do it more than 15 minutes.
• Wash off and dab some olive oil or sesame oil to moisturize the area.
• Repeat this 2-4 times a week.
12. Basil-Onion Paste for Unwanted Hair Removal
Did you know that onion not only makes your dishes tasty but also can remove your unwanted hair when applied with basil leaves! However, you need to do a little exercise and find out the thin transparent membranes that lie between the layers of an onion.
• Basil leaves- 10-12
• Onions- 2
• Take out the thin transparent membranes from between the onion layers.
• Now crush the basil leaves along with the onion membranes to get a paste.
• Apply this paste to your unwanted hair.
• Leave for 15-20 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
• Repeat this 3-4 times a week for a month or two to remove your unwanted hair.
13. Thanaka- Safflower Remedy for Unwanted Hair Removal
Thanaka is a tree whose bark is converted into a powder and used in Myanmar for cosmetic purposes. Thanaka powder is yellowish white in color and when mixed with safflower oil, you can hope to get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.
• Thanaka powder- enough to cover your hair ridden skin
• Safflower oil- enough to make a paste
• Mix safflower oil with thanaka powder to get a paste.
• Apply this to your unwanted hair at night before going to bed.
• Leave it overnight.
• Wash off with water in the morning.
• Use regularly for about 3 months to get results.
14. Have Spearmint Tea to Prevent Unwanted Hair Growth
The appearance of unwanted hair may be, sometimes, a result of excessive production of the hormone androgen. This is called ‘Hirsutism,’ which refers to having excessive hair on the face, especially in women. It is the result of hormonal imbalance which occurs due to an increased level of androgens and testosterone, the male hormones, or because of over-sensitivity of hair follicles to androgens. Spearmint herb is known to regulate hormones. So, you may consider having spearmint tea to bring down your androgens to an optimum level.
• Fresh spearmint leaves- 5-6 OR Dried spearmint- 1 tsp
• Boiling water- 1 cup
• Place spearmint leaves or the dried herb in a pot.
• Pour hot water over it.
• Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
• Strain and drink the tea.
• A cup or two of spearmint tea are enough.
15. Have Blackstrap Molasses to Prevent Growth of Unwanted Hair
If you are a woman with PCOS and unwanted hair on face, breast or stomach, you may consider having blackstrap molasses. Deficiency of certain minerals in women leads to some or the other kind of hair related problem. This means you may lose hair on the scalp or have unwanted hair on various body parts. Blackstrap molasses is high on iron and minerals that will help you do away with the lack of required minerals. This, in turn, means that the growth of hair at unwanted places will first slow down and gradually stop over time. Even if you don’t have PCOS, you may try having two heaped teaspoons of blackstrap molasses every day to get rid of your unwanted hair.
Precaution: If you are diabetic or are having prescribed iron supplements, its better to talk to your doctor before you start having blackstrap molasses.
16. Have Foods Rich in Phytoestrogens for Unwanted Hair Removal
When male hormones androgens and testosterone increase in women, the female hormone oestrogen level may go down. This hormonal imbalance causes hair to grow where they should not. You can neutralize this effect by having such foods that are rich in phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogen is a plant hormone similar to the human female hormone, oestrogen. Thus, foods high on phytoestrogen may help reduce unwanted hair growth.
List of foods rich in phytoestrogen
• Soy and soy products like tofu and soy milk.
• Fennel herb and seeds
• Gotu Kala or Brahmi herb
Thus, include these foods in your daily menu. You may have herbal teas made of the above herbs like liquorice, fennel and Brahmi. You may use flaxseed powder by adding it to your gravies, yogurts etc. Chew fennel seeds after meals and have soy products frequently.
Just remember, any home remedy for hair removal takes time to show results. So, have patience while using these home remedies for unwanted hair removal.
Most Common Question And Answers:
Q: How to remove hair from private parts?
Ans: Removing unwanted hair in delicate areas like underarms, pubic area or around the nipple need to take some special care (skin is softer and hair is thicker and coarser) to prevent the damage caused to the skin. Have a look at some best methods that used to get rid of unwanted hair from the private parts.
- Shaving – Easy and old method but may cause itching, cuts and rashes. Also, the hair grows back faster.
- Waxing – Bikini wax, Brazilian wax and Hollywood wax are three common types of wax available to remove unwanted hair. This wax will remove all strands of hair and last longer but causes pain, itching and harmful to sensitive skin.
- Depilatory Creams – Choose a good quality product (with less chemical content) to clean your private area. However, this process is painless, quick and convenient but leaves your pubic area with a pungent smell, itching, rashes and burning sensation. Also, long-term usage is not recommended.
- Laser Treatment – If you want to avoid repetitive waxing or shaving (long-lasting) then use laser treatment. It destroys the hair follicles and prevents the growth of unwanted hair on the private areas. Although it gives longtime relief from unwanted hair, the only thing is you need to undergo more than one sessions for best results and expensive.
- Tweezing – It is a fast but painful method. All you need is to grasp hair firmly with the tweezers as close to the root and then pull out the hair. It works well in the areas where there are only a few unwanted hairs. If the skin is irritated then simply apply a cold compress to feel better.
- Electrolysis – It is a permanent hair removal method in which a needle-shaped electrode is used to destroy the hair root and it generally takes up to 25 sessions to completely remove all the hair roots.
- Oral Medicines – Do you know there are some oral medications that work effectively in removing unwanted hair and preventing its re-growth? It has some side effects on the body, so make sure to consult your doctor before using these oral pubic hair removal medicines (especially if you’re women).
Q: Turmeric and baking soda for hair removal
Ans: Yes, you can use turmeric and baking soda to remove your unwanted hair. Certain properties of turmeric will help to discourage the hair growth by simply shrinking the hair follicles and removes the unwanted hair. Baking soda will give an added advantage to this turmeric for removing your unwanted hair.
Here is the process of using turmeric and baking soda for hair removal.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder in a small bowl.
- Stir by adding enough water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the unwanted hair by using a brush.
- Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes to dry naturally and then wet a washcloth and use it to scrub in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with water and dry the skin gently.
- Repeat the same process for twice a week until you notice the removal of unwanted hair.
Q: Female chin hair causes
Ans: The thick, coarse hair that appears on the woman’s chest, chin, lips and back are termed as hirsutism. There are various causes for a female to suffer from this chin hair and some are mentioned below.
- Androgens (changes in hormone production, especially male hormone)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS, imbalance of hormones)
- Cushing syndrome (Develops when a female is exposed to high levels of cortisol or steroids (OR) suffering from tumours in the pancreas, thyroid glands or lungs can cause this syndrome).
- Adrenal Hyperplasia (Congenital adrenal hyperplasia will cause women to grow heavy coarse hair on the chin. It is a birth defect in a few girls where the adrenal glands fail to produce enough cortisol).
- Certain medications (The intake of oral contraceptives or steroids will make the body produce excess body hair).
- Genetics (Genetics is also an important factor to consider for excess facial hair. then simply seek advice from your adult female family members).
- Being overweight or obese
- An ovarian tumour
Q: Can hormonal imbalance cause hair growth?
Ans: Unwanted hair growth can be an irritating or downright embarrassing problem for women and hormonal imbalance is one major cause of this unwanted hair growth. Androgens (male hormones in higher levels, including testosterone) are the main cause for this unwanted excess hair.
All females produce androgens but the levels remain low. The usage of certain medical conditions can cause a woman to produce too many androgens and thereby results in male pattern hair growth on their skin.
Q: How do you stop pubic hair from growing?
Ans: Either men or women, removing pubic hair is essential for their hygiene, cosmetic, religious or sexual reasons. Here are a few ways that help you to remove the pubic hair from growing but be sure to trim your hair before using any of these methods and also check whether if you’re allergic to any of the ingredients used below for hair removal on the skin.
- Chickpea flour mask – Mix chickpea flour with turmeric and milk cream and stir well to make a paste. Apply it on the private parts and shave it off to remove the unwanted hair and to prevent the hair from re-growing.
- Egg paste – Mix egg white with cornflour and stir well by adding a pinch of sugar to get a sticky nature. Apply it on the affected area and scrape off the hair from skin’s surface along with the dead skin cells, impurities, etc. Repeat it twice a week regularly to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Banana with Oatmeal – Simply mash a few bananas and mix it with enough oatmeal. Stir and apply this paste on the pubic hair to clear the hair, dead skin cells and other impurities due to its gentle exfoliation and moisturizing properties. Finally, rinse off with lukewarm water after it dries naturally.
- Alum powder and rose water – This combination works well for sensitive skin people to remove the pubic hair. All you need is to mix alum powder with enough rose water and dip a cotton ball to apply it on the private parts. Rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes and apply sesame or olive oil to hydrate and moisturize your skin.
You can also use other natural remedies like applying thanaka powder with safflower paste, drinking spearmint tea, besan paste (gram flour mixed with water), aloe vera wax (heat aloe vera with honey till lukewarm), turmeric with sesame oil, honey and oatmeal (lukewarm it before applying as wax), etc. will also help to stop pubic hair from growing.
Q: Do hair removal creams reduce hair growth?
Ans: Yes, they work best in removing the unwanted hair and reducing its growth without any pain or irritation. We all know that keratin is a protein that is essential to hair’s structure and strengthening but the thioglycolic acid (TGA) in hair removal creams will help to break down the structure of the keratin and thereby weaken the hair.
This makes the hair follicles to wipe away and also remember that the top layer of the skin also has keratin protein so, never leave this hair removal creams for a long time why because the skin gets adversely affected.
Here are a few advantages of using hair removal creams (depilatory creams) when compared with other methods.
- No pain
- Easy to use (no skill required)
There are some cons of using depilatory creams like it never be a long-lasting, strong and unpleasant odor, adverse reaction (perform a skin test prior to use).
Q: Which is the best hair removal cream?
Ans: However, there are many hair removal creams available in the market but the usage of best safe and effective hair removal cream will make your skin free from unwanted hair without any side effects. Let’s have a look at some of these best hair removal creams (depilatory creams).
- Veet gel hair remover cream with essential oils
- Veet gel hair remover cream with sensitive formula
- Gigi hair removal lotion
- Olay smooth finish facial hair removal duo
- Stop growth hair growth inhibitor
- Forever gone
- Remington IPL6000
- Tria hair removal laser
- Hair no more
- Veet fast-acting gel cream hair removal
- Sally Hansen cream hair remover kit
- Nair cocoa butter lotion
Q: What’s the best way to remove unwanted hair? (OR) Is it possible to permanently remove unwanted hair?
Ans: Other than using various hair removal techniques (like waxing, threading, electrolysis or laser treatment) which cause some harm to your skin, why don’t you use natural remedies at home to get rid of this unwanted hair? The Mother Nature has given so many natural remedies that work as unwanted hair removal. Have a look at these remedies and follow them regularly to get effective results and to make your skin glow naturally.
- Raw Papaya
- Turmeric powder
- Chickpea flour
- Sugar and lemon juice
- Egg mask with sugar and cornflour
- White pepper with camphor and almond oil
- Banana with an oatmeal scrub
- Sugar – molasses homemade wax
- Alum powder with rosewater
- Basil leaves paste with onion
- Thanaka powder with safflower oil
- Drinking spearmint tea for once or twice daily
- Consume 2 heaped teaspoons of blackstrap molasses daily
- Eat foods that are rich in phytoestrogens and drink plenty of water regularly for removing your unwanted hair.
Q: How can I remove my upper lip hair?
Ans: A woman with a moustache – see how embarrassing it is! It not only drains the self-esteem of a woman but also mar their smooth feminine features. Don’t worry, rather than choosing the hair removal products available in the market here we are explaining about some natural remedies that help you to deal with this problem naturally at home.
- Sugar and Honey – Prepare a homemade wax by mixing 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl. Microwave for a few minutes and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Stir and cool it to apply a slightly warm mix on the upper lip area. Place a waxing strip and pull it against the direction of the hair growth. Rinse the area with cool water and apply a light moisturizer.
- Egg White – Separate egg white from 1 egg and add 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir well and apply it on the upper lip and peel off the mask after 15 – 20 minutes gently in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Rinse with water and apply moisturizer.
- Turmeric – Combine 1 tablespoon each of turmeric and milk and apply it gently on the upper lip. Let it dry completely and then wet your fingers to rub the area gently in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Finally, rinse with cold water and dry the skin.
- Sugaring Wax – Pour 2 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and heat it. When you find water becomes hot then add 1/4 cup of lemon juice. If the water starts bubbling then simmer for a few minutes and turn off. Let it cool down and apply a little baby powder on the upper lip. Spread this paste over the upper lip and pull off with a cotton strip after few minutes against the direction of hair growth.
- Gelatin – Pour 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin and 1 ½ tablespoon of milk along with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 10 – 15 seconds. Allow the mixture to cool down and apply it on the upper lip by using a popsicle. Leave it to dry and peel it off against the direction of hair growth. Rinse it off with cool water.
Also, follow some other natural remedies like scrubbing the area with gram flour mixed with water and turmeric powder, applying lentil powder mixed with honey paste, consuming spearmint tea, applying turmeric mixed with whole wheat flour and sesame oil (OR) applying raw papaya flesh mixed with turmeric on the upper lip to get rid of the unwanted hair on the upper lip area.
Q: Is turmeric really helpful in removing hair from the body?
Ans: Turmeric acts as an excellent remedy to remove your unwanted hair from the body. Turmeric, when applied gets to stick to the skin tightly. Scrubbing off your skin after turmeric dries will help to remove the hair from the roots. It effectively discourages the growth of hair by shrinking the hair follicles.
The antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric will help to remove the unwanted hair without causing any risk of getting infection or irritation.
Here are a few ways that explain to you how to use turmeric for unwanted hair removal.
- Turmeric with Milk – Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in enough milk (or water or milk cream or honey or coconut oil or sesame oil) and stir well to make a fine paste. Spread it on the face and let it sit to dry naturally for about 15 – 20 minutes. Finally, splash some warm water followed by cold water to rinse it off. Repeat it regularly.
- Turmeric with Raw papaya – Stir 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw papaya pulp in 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix well. Apply it on all over the skin where you find unwanted hair. Massage gently and rinse off with water after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Turmeric with Chickpea Flour and Almond Oil – Combine 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour with enough almond oil to make a fine paste. Spread it on the unwanted hair and rinse off after a few minutes. Make sure to scrub the mixture with wet fingers and rinse off thoroughly.
- Turmeric with Indian Nettle – Crush a few Indian nettle leaves till it forms a thick paste and then mixes 1 teaspoon of turmeric along with a few drops of water. Apply it all over the skin where you find unwanted hair and leave it to dry completely. Rinse off with water and repeat regularly.
Q: Do turmeric, gram flour and water paste really work to remove unwanted hair?
Ans: Yes, they do and this is an excellent combination that widely used as an unwanted hair removal (especially on the face). Both turmeric and gram flour will get sticky to the skin and remove the hair follicles from the root. Regular usage of this remedy will definitely help you to get rid of unwanted hair.
Here is a process that explains to you how to use turmeric, gram flour and water for removal of unwanted hair.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon of gram flour with enough water.
- Stir well to make a thick paste and apply it on the face and neck.
- Rub it gently for a few minutes and leave for another few minutes to get dry naturally.
- Finally, remove the face mask with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
- Continue doing the same process for once or twice a week to observe lessening of unwanted hair on the skin.
Q: Do you have to shave your pubic hair up or down?
Ans: Here are a few steps that explain to you how to shave your pubic hair safely. Go through these steps for a safe and effective shave.
- Trim your hair – Shaving can be easier when you trim off the excess hair.
- Exfoliate – Gently exfoliate the skin before shaving which helps to shave the hair as near to the root as possible.
- Shower in warm water – This will soften your skin by opening the hair follicles to get a smooth shave.
- Shaving cream – Apply a generous amount of shaving cream (fragrance – free) to the area prevent irritation.
- Shave – Pull the skin taut and shave in the direction of your hair growth to avoid the irritation of the hair follicles. (So, shave downwards to clear your pubic hair and upward shaving may cause ingrown hair).
- Rinse – Wash the area thoroughly to remove any shaving cream or leftover hair.
- Moisturize – Simply apply a fragrance-free lotion or powder to prevent chafing or rubbing.
Q: Why does my pubic area itch after shaving?
Ans: The hair in the pubic area is thick and the skin is sensitive. So, shaving this area directly without following the above mention steps may result in ingrown hairs, razor burn and cuts, which in turn causes itching and irritation. So, take some precautions like what products to use and how to treat your sensitive skin before, during and after you shave will help you to prevent this itching and irritation after shaving.
Exfoliate the skin before shaving (also exfoliate the area twice a week after shaving), apply a shaving cream before shaving the area, and use a sharp razor to prevent the ingrown hair and razor bumps. Finally, apply lotion (like aloe vera or any other natural skin soother or aftershave serum) to prevent this itching.
Although, the itching last after shaving your pubes will depend on the cause of itching and razor burn will last for 2 – 5 days.
Q: Is it safe to use Nair on your balls?
Ans: No, you should not use hair removal creams (or depilatories) like Nair on the testicles why because it not only dissolves the hair but also remove a small amount of the top layer of the skin (epidermal layer). If you use it on the balls then you may find suffering reactions that range from mild inflammation to full blown blisters.
Q: How can I keep my legs smooth after shaving?
Ans: The best way to keep the legs smooth for a longer period post shaving is to use a good moisturizer every day to keep the hair soft. Most of the women use hair conditioner in the place of shaving creams, gels or lotions on their legs and leave it to sit for at least 3 minutes. This will make the shave effective and leave the skin feel smoother afterwards.
Another one you can do for long-lasting smoothness after shaving is to exfoliate the skin on the legs by simply using body scrubs, light oils and mineral salts to keep the skin soft and smooth.
Alternatively, follow these simple steps daily to maintain smooth skin after shaving. Wash the area with moisturizing bath soap after shaving and apply baby oil to seal the moisture. Pat dry the legs thoroughly and apply a moisturizer to make it smooth and shiny.
Q: If you accidentally waxed your eyelashes off, will they grow back?
Ans: It depends on the damage caused to the follicles in the eyelids as a part of accidental waxing. Fortunately, if the damage is not severe (resulting in a permanent inability to grow lashes) then you have to wait until the follicles healed fully and thereby resuming the production of lashes. It will take typically 4 – 8 weeks to grow the new lashes.
If there is no damage to the follicles in the waxing accident and the follicles growth cycle has begun. Then it will take as much as 3 – 5 months to get your lashes back to normal form. Always remember that individual follicles follow their own timers and can have variation in the growth rates.
Q: Is it ok for a girl to shave her arm hair off?
Ans: If the girl feels that her arm hair is unsightly and makes her feel unattractive then she has full rights to remove it. Shaving is one best way to go about such removal. Also, to keep the skin soft and smooth for a longer time then you should use a good moisturizing lotion on the skin regularly which helps to keep the incoming hair softer and less prickly.
Most people mentally think the once you start you can’t stop this process, as you have to continue doing it regularly to maintain smooth arms. You can also use other alternatives like depilatory creams or waxing, which offer long-lasting smoothness.
Q: Is sugar waxing an efficient hair removal method?
Ans: Yes, it works well in removing the hair (even the short one) effectively. All you need is to prepare the mixture freshly and use it on the area where you have this unwanted hair to get removed and make your skin smooth and soft.
Q: How do celebrities remove their unwanted body hair?
Ans: Even celebrities choose various methods for removing their unwanted body hair. They choose waxing, shaving, threading, electrolysis or depilatory creams to remove their unwanted body hair. In recent days, they prefer to go for laser treatment to remove their unwanted hair and to make their skin look smooth and beautiful.
Q: Is using coconut oil for body massage cause unwanted hair to grow?
Ans: Nope, coconut oil is good massaging oil that helps for hair growth but not for unwanted hair growth. The growth of unwanted hair is due to the imbalance of hormones but not by the usage of coconut oil. So, you can use coconut oil to moisturize your skin and to make it smooth and soft.
Q: Does laser hair removal work permanently for facial hair removal?
Ans: No, laser hair removal works by heating the hair follicles to stop the growth of new hair, means it put the hair follicles in a state of dormancy for a long period of time (longer than shaving or waxing). After a long time, the hair will grow back but it will be lighter, finer and fewer in number but doesn’t get rid of unwanted hairs completely.
The laser therapy uses a high heat laser beam (a mild form of radiation) to heat up and damage the hair follicles. You can go for laser treatment in the areas like chest, underarms, back, shoulders, neck, bikini line, face (except eye area) to make yourself free from unwanted hair for a longer period of time.