Face Exercises to Lose Weight on Face
Here are some face exercises that can help you lose fat from face.
Lift your Chin
Chin lift works up all the muscles on your face. You not only tone your facial muscles but also the muscles of your neck.
- Sit or stand straight
- Take your head back so that you can see the ceiling.
- Keep on looking at the ceiling while you pucker your lips as if you are going to kiss the ceiling
- Hold this position for 10 counts
- Now repeat for 5 times.
Do Fish Face Yoga
This exercise tones up your facial cheek muscles and thus helps you a lot when it comes to lose facial weight.
- Sit or stand straight
- Suck in your cheeks
- This will make your lips pucker in a way that they would look like a fish face.
- Hold for 10 counts.
- Repeat 5 times
Release your Jaws
This exercise will help stretch the muscles around your lips, jaws and cheeks giving you a toned face which is free of puffiness.
- Sit or stand
- Keep your lips closed while you act as if you are chewing something
- After a few seconds, open your mouth wide. Keep your tongue pressed against your bottom teeth.
- Hold for 5 counts
- Repeat for ten times.
This is one of the best face exercises that works up your cheeks, chin and neck muscles. You can easily get rid of chubby cheeks, double chin and thick neck.
- Sit straight on a chair
- Look towards ceiling by taking your head backwards, as much as you can. This will stretch the muscles of your neck.
- Now pull your lips as if you are going to whistle.
- Blow out air from your mouth while counting till 10
- Repeat again, for 10 times.
This can be the happiest exercise you can do to tone your facial muscles. Toned muscles will ultimately help you burn fat.
- Smile the widest smile you can
- While doing so, resist your smile by pushing the cheeks down with your fingers
- Relax after a few seconds
- Repeat 5 times
Home Remedies to Lose Face Fat
Apart from changes in your diet as well as lifestyle and exercising your facial muscles, you can take help of certain home remedies that can help you get rid of your facial weight.
Give your Face the Cold Therapy
When you apply cold water or something frozen on your face, you actually help constrict the blood vessels. This reduces puffiness in that area. So, if you apply something cold over your face, you will reduce puffiness of face.
- Ice cubes
- Large bowl
- Take a large bowl and fill it with water till halfway
- Now add ice cubes to it
- Close your mouth and eyes, hold your breath and lower down your face into the bowl. Be very careful.
- Hold your face there only for 5-10 seconds or even lesser, till the time you don’t feel uncomfortable.
- Repeat for 3-5 times.
- Alternatively, you can soak a wash cloth in the chilled water and place it over your face for few minutes.
Use Cucumber to get rid of Puffy Face
You can eat as many cucumbers you want, it will only help you lose weight. The interesting part is that you can also apply cucumber or its juice to your face. The water in the cucumbers soothes and refreshes your swollen face.
- Cut the cucumber is roundels.
- Lie down
- Place these slices all over your face.
- Relax for few minutes.
- If needed, change the slices.
- Let them be on your face for 15-20 minutes or more.
- Alternately, you can extract the juice from cucumbers.
- Soak a cotton ball in this juice and wipe your face with this.
- Let it dry out on its own.
- Again apply cucumber juice with the help of soaked cotton.
- Keep doing this for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally wash off your face with cool water.
Lymph Drainage Facial Massage reduces Face Fat
Massage is always an effective way to tone your body parts and face is no exception. When water retention and excessive fluid build-up is behind your bloated face, lymph drainage massage is what can give you a slimmer face. Massaging your face will stimulate blood circulation and drain the lymphatic build-up to help reduce water retention. Lymph face massages help drain lymph nodes which in turn restores balance to your facial contour by reducing water retention.
- Oil (olive/coconut/wheat germ/ginseng)
- Apply oil on your face and neck.
- Starting at your chin, gently massage your face with upward strokes in circular motion.
- Do 5-10 strokes.
- Now, using your fingertips, gently tap from the corners of the lips and slowly move towards your ears
- Repeat 10 times.
- Finally, using your fingers or thumbs, massage your jaw line with upward strokes.
- Repeat for 5 times.
Clay Mask to Lose Weight on Face
Clay masks can effectively contract the facial skin and tighten it to give you a youthful face without puffiness.
- Bentonite clay- 1 tbsp
- water- 1-2 tbsp
- Ground oats- 1 tbsp
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to get paste like consistency.
- Apply this all over your face
- Let it sit there for 15-20 minutes
- Wash your face and pat dry
- Apply moisturizer to avoid dryness.
Tips to Manipulate Face Fat
Sometimes the situations are not in your hands, you cannot do much. For example, when your face is fat due to genetic reasons, you can simply adopt ways to make your face look slimmer. The healthy lifestyle and exercises can ensure that you do not get more fat on your face but the fat already there could not be reduced for obvious reasons. In such situations, you can at least adopt some tricks to make your face look slim. Here are some tips to do so.
Make up Tricks to make your Face look Slim
- Use contour colour one or two shades deeper than your skin tone. Lighter colours enhance your facial features. So avoid using them.
- Create an illusion of slim cheeks. Apply the contour shade in diagonal line from the middle of your cheek toward your ear. Always blend well. When you place your contour shade higher, your cheekbones appear to be sharper.
- Use bronzer along the jaw line, this will define the area. Blend the shade for seamless contour. This hides your double chin
- Be careful about your eyebrow shape. Keep them higher and with more pronounced arch.
Hairstyles for Fatty Face
If you wear a wrong hairstyle, your chubby face can further become rounded and fuller. To avoid this condition, choose those hairstyles that will make your fat face look slimmer.
- Layers of varying lengths- Mix the layers. Short layers, medium layers and long layers, all mixed up layers will give your face a textured effect.
- Bob hairstyle- A chin length bob style is what is needed by those having a round chubby face. It will make your jaw line stand out and give a slimmer appearance to your face.
- High buns- These buns make your face look longer and longer is always slimmer!
Don’t shy to experiment with the hairstyles that your stylist says will make your fat face look slimmer.
Don’t believe the myth of spot reduction
If you are overweight, face this- you need to lose all your excess body weight. Then only can you reduce fat from your face. There’s nothing called spot reduction. It’s true that you can build muscles of a specific body area but you cannot reduce fat from only a specific area. Fat has to be reduced from all your body! So, take steps to slim down your body weight and you’ll see you have also got a slimmer face.
For this, exercise and maintain a calorie deficit.
If you need 2000 calories a day, eat it but spend around 3000 calories. Then only will you reduce fat.
- Reduce your calorie intake. Instead fatty and fried foods, have more fruits and vegetables.
- However, do not cut too much calories at once. This can send your body into starvation mode.
- Exercise regularly, daily.
- Do strength training exercises 4-6 days a week. Don’t go for a session lesser than an hour.
That’s it! You can lose weight on face but you need to do it wholeheartedly and lose weight from all of your body.
Don’t lose heart, lose weight from face. All these ways to lose fat from face will also make you healthier from within. It’s not only about losing fat, it’s about losing the bad habits and following the right ways to live and stay fit!